Tuesday, January 20, 2009

needle felting











I learned a new needle art this past weekend called needle felting. Needle Felting is a process using wool that has been washed and carded (so all the fibers are going the same direction) and using specially-designed needles with cut out barbs on the end. You poke the needles repeatedly into the wool (which can actually be quite therapeutic for getting out some bottled up aggressions ;)to bond the barbs in the wool together until they begin to form shapes. I made the Atc card above. Its a close-up shot. The size of the card is only 2.5 by 3.5 inches. I thought the bag was cute and something I could make....someday.....I haven't bought any supplies yet for this craft....I'm trying to hold myself back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this on Martha, um can't you just BUY felt?? LOL

Karen said...

You can,smartie pants, but this is a different kind of felt. It's not smooshed together...you have to smoosh it and shape it....oh, nevermind.....

Anonymous said...

I felt smooshy all day after I ate my favorite soup with shoe recipe

Anonymous said...

I love felting, I've never done it, but someone at the market used to felt little animals. you'll have to teach me how to do it.
Good luck tomorrow.
Tell Chuck he's funny.

Anonymous said...

Teach me how to do this. When I get back.

~Jennifer