Tuesday, May 5, 2009

When quilting goes bad......




Well I made a few rather large mistakes on the Florida quilt. 1) I cut the blue border too thin. This is what happens when one does not follow a pattern and one thinks she is so clever but really is a quilting newbie (not that there is anything wrong with that). The border for the inner part of the quilt should have been 3.5 inches wide but instead I cut it 3.0 inches wide.....duh. Then 2) I sewed it on and ironed the seams so very nicely. I then laid it out to admire my handy work and.................oh crap.
***
RRRRIIIIIPPPPP!!!!!

6 comments:

YFA said...

Just add a .5 piece of yellow, like Dolly mom would have done. It will be fine.

Karen said...

I tore it off already......

Kathleen said...

I hate when I find out I'm not as smart as I know I am.

Karen said...

...exactly!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Bummer, but by the time I comment, you will have fixed it!!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I guess it is for humility that these mistakes happen. Hope you got it fixed ok.