Sunday, May 16, 2010

Worlds collide - - Quilting meets scrapbooking.

I'm sure you all have been wondering where I've been this week....well at least my mom has ....my other blog reader....Aunt Kath, knew where I was ;) Project Quilting, of course! There was NO time this week to squeeze anything else in. We got the challenge on Sunday (my last post) and it took me a day or two to figure out what I was going to do. Once I had it figured out, life got in the way...as usual. 2 babies, postpartum visits, 6 hour neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) exam on-line, 9 hour NRP practical yesterday...sheesh...I'm never this busy! In between all of that I worked on my project.....I even stayed up really late (9p) a few nights and got up really early (4a) to work on it. It was an absolute joy! I forgot how much I enjoyed scrapbooking. By the end of the week, my craft room was (and is) torn to pieces. It's a complete disaster area!Anyway, here's what I made this week. I think it turned out great. I just posted it on Flicker, so go check out the other entries.

I started with some Amy Butler fat 1/4's (that I've had for a long time and didn't know what to do with), some matching solids, a 1/2 yd cut of cream fabric, and a 1/2 yd of light green fabric. I used almost all the 3 by 5's but not all the 1/2 yard cuts.

I then made 4 tiny 'quilts'. The front and back cover measure 8 1/2 by 7 inches and the inside pages measure 6 by 71/2 inches. I considered binding the pages, but it seemed to add too much bulk so I zig-zagged around the edges instead.




I had a lot of fun with this project...I really like how it turned out. I was going to do a 'sister' page, but instead Sophie ended up in the book...sorry, girls...ur on the cutting room floor. Oh, and one more thing this week...it poured rain on Thursday morn and we had some seepage in the basement. Lake Garcia next door was full up. Scroll down for pics.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI!! I was wondering what was keeping you so out of the communication loop. I'd also been thinking how much I miss you scrapbooking. Viola! A return with a different twist. How busy can a person get? Love you,Mom

SandyQuilts said...

Adorable

Kathleen said...

LOVE IT!!!

Sarah said...

Hey, I read too! I love your quilty scrapbook - it's awesome! :)

Ebony Love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ebony Love said...

I got a chance to see this up close & personal. Karen almost didn't leave with it in her possession. If she'd turned her back for one minute... and I don't care that someone else's family is in it. I love this quilty scrapbook! :)

mary said...

you could have asked would have submitted some pics ;)

Cara said...

What a great idea! You are so clever!! I bet you win this challenge!