Sunday, May 30, 2010

Project Quilting - The Road Trip Quilt

Here's my entry for challenge #2 in Project Quilting. I really had a hard time coming up with an idea for this one most likely because I haven't really taken any road trips. I like to fly instead of drive ;) However, I do spend  quite a bit of time in the car driving to see patients who might live anywhere from 15 mins to 1 1/2 hours away from me. If my visits fall on a weekend day, Chuck will drive with me and I can ride shot gun and do some handwork. So, here's the idea behind this quilt. I've wanted a quilt for the car and this one will serve two purposes. 1.) Car Quilt. 2) The white squares, which feature SunBonnet Sue and Sam, all will be hand-quilted with red thread. This should keep me busy for quite some time as there are 28 six inch squares on this quilt. Perfect busy work for short road trips! This quilt measures 60"x 50" and was made in Elgin, IL but will travel often.

June 6
Judges Avg. Score: 6.1.......not so good, but I kinda expected that as I just wasn't into this weeks challenge. I do like my new quilt, tho ;)

No comments: