Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dear Aunt Kathleen......



.....you are in really big trouble for starting me on quilting. Do I really need another craft?!? I found a quilt store in Elmhurst today. I almost just left without buying anything because it was so overwhelming. But then I got ahold of myself and picked out the fabric that is atop the liabrary books. I also purchased a $6.99 quilt magazine that was screaming, "buy me, buy me!!!!" Again, YOU ARE SO IN TROUBLE! (BTW...there's a quilt show in Shaumburg next month....wanna go?)

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

oooo sorry (not really - I love quilting & I love sharing the passion) I really like that pink fabric . . . I almost bought that too... I like the tone on tone patterns... is the orange the same pattern? Can't wait to see what you are going to do! I'd LOVE to go the quilt show but I think I'll have to settle for finding pictures online after the fact.

Karen said...

....I'll take lots of pics....question....when you buy fabric for your 'stash' how much to do buy?

Kathleen said...

Great, and you can tell me your favorites......I buy fat quarters of anything I like. But if its something I really like I'll get a yard or more. Quilters that don't have to consider the money buy a few yards of what they really like. I don't do that unless I have a project ready for it.