Sunday, October 19, 2008

Basement Update

Last Wednesday I checked the Fema site to see if our area had been declared a disaster area by the federal government. As it turns out it was. On Oct 3rd (happy birthday to me???). So on Thursday I filled out the application for funds and was approved for an inspection. Believe it or not a woman named Natalie called on Saturday and set up an appointment to come over today, Sunday, between 1-3p. Who knew our goverment worked so fast?! I certainly didn't. I thought for sure it would be awhile before I heard from them. It would be nice to get a few bucks to work on the basement...its still a little stinky and some floorboards and lower walls need to be replaced. Our insurance has covered none of our lost items or flood damage. I'll add an update later today or tomorrow on what Natalie's assessment was.

Update......she came, she looked, she took pictures. That was about the extent of it. She said we would hear from someone within 10-14 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you checking on Fema. What would be really great is if you could get the money to correct the situation instead of fix the damage. Ken said you need some major drainage work done. good luck. Mom