Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vintage Pattern Ladies #1 in series.


The inspiration: 


The art Quilt:




This was really fun to make. I have another 2 in the works. There are a lot of errors on this one but it was a great learning piece. It measures 14 in X 21 in. I added the black tulle over the dress because I didn't like how the skirt turned out. I had tried a few differnt techniques while trying to make the creases and the shadows on the skirt. The tulle was a perfect way to hide the flaws :)

5 comments:

SGB said...

This is very pretty. You are soooo talented!

kat said...

Wow, that is really stunning!

Jean(ie) said...

Try black mistyfuse on top of the fabric piece. Fold it like you would the skirt, place it on the top side of the skirt, and press with parchment so it doesn't goop up your iron.

You can also thread paint it using a straight stitch and use a sand or tan pigment marker to put in the "folds"

I can't wait to see your next installment!

Karen said...

Thanks girl....the black misty fuse sounds intriguing...i'll have to get some of that:)

I tried the thread painting and markers and a few other techniques for the skirt so it really looked not so good....the tulle hid my mistakes :)

Jean(ie) said...

I see... You can use mistyfuse on top of fabrics... I love the stuff!