Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Retreat 2011

Well, a grand time was had by all. Our first quilting retreat was a smashing success! Here are some pics.
There were 15 of us in this room. Some folks thought it was a bit cramped, so I think we'll try and arrange the tables a little differently next time. We made it work,tho and everyone seemed quite happy;)

We had A LOT of snacks. In between snacks, we were served full meals down in the cafeteria which were delightful. Plenty of salad and fruit among other things.

We blew a fuse....I don't know how ;) One of the sisters said,"...hhmmmm....That's never happened before. I wonder where the fuse box is."  Fortunatly, after a 10-15 minute search it was found and the power was restored.
Sorry,Sister....we'll try and behave next time;)

Everyone had a private little room. I really appreciated having my own tiny space. The bathrooms and showers were right down the hall. My window looked out onto the lake and I could here the waves crashing at night. It was really nice.
The Sienna Center.

Here's a charity quilt we all worked on. It was a really fun challenge and we plan to do this challenge next time as its really quick to throw these baby quilts together. This retreat we have 3 quilts that are almost finished.

And, here we all are. Don't we look happy? We were. So fun;) We already have the next 2 retreats tentatively planned .
Here's the projects I worked on. I made another panel for my ticker tape quilt, I thread painted on the flowers I had acrylic-painted at home and I started a funky flower piece. I also sewed together all the squares we made for one of the charity quilts as well as started peicing a back with the leftover scraps.Whew...that was a lot....so fun.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Nice recap of the ENTIRE weekend - I am going to link my blog post to yours. Love the picture of the snacks and power (and the room).

Kathleen said...

Looks like SO much fun! It's great that you guys made charity quilts. Love the projects you worked on - your thread painting is awesome as always. The flowers in this one are especially nice. The funky flower piece is pretty cool too. So nice that you each had your own little private room.... did you pretend you were a nun?

Anonymous said...

That retreat would have been SO FUN! I love your ticker tape piece... great colors! Reminds me of summer.

Karen said...

Kathleen.....yes.