Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Big, Bad Swine Flu

This is from Webmd:

Swine Flu Vaccine: Will It Catch On?
Some Health Care Workers and the Public May Refuse the New Flu Vaccine for Fear of Possible Side Effects, Study Shows
By Bill HendrickWebMD Health News
Reviewed by Louise Chang, MD
Aug. 25, 2009 -- Less than half of health care workers surveyed in Hong Kong intend to get vaccinated against swine flu, citing uncertainty about its effectiveness and possible side effects, a new study indicates.
And another new study shows that health care workers and some people in the general public may refuse to get immunized or vaccinate their kids, fearing that risks of a novel vaccine could outweigh benefits.
******

Finally, people are starting to smarten up about flu vaccines. God made our immune systems perfectly....why do we insist on messing with God's perfection?
No, I will not be getting the swine flu vaccine or any other vaccine, thank you very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog on the flu shot. I hadn't intended to get it and it's good to see some info to back up my intuition. What is Home First saying about it, as though I need to ask? I know that work will push it because of our working with kids. Honey, I do think it's pushing it a little to bring God into it tho. Look at all the Emergen-C we've taken thru the years. Love, Mom

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I have to admit, I WILL be getting it and so will my family. My daughter has asthma, my husdand is a dentist (oww all those germs) and I tend to catch it all. I have been getting a flu shot for many years; the one year they were short on demand, I was not able to get one and got sick as a dog. Some immune systems are better than others. Ours need a little help!!!