Monday, August 3, 2009

Sunbonnet Sue....I mean holly Hobby.....the fix.

So I found this adorable hand quilted pic of good ole Sue at the Savation Army thrift store a few weeks ago.....

.....but everytime I look at it, her hand jumps out at me....it kinda weirds me out. I love everything about the pic, but I just can't get past the arthritic-looking, knarly hand. I'm wondering if I could cover it up somehow.....maybe try and find a matching scrap of fabric and make it look like her hand is in her pocket.

*******

Update: I've been schooled by an anonymous commenter:


Anonymous said...
This is Holly Hobby, not a Sunbonnet Sue. It's from the 1970s I think.
******
*****
This will have to do for now.


6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ew, you're right.. that is creepy.

aida said...

yup but she's pretty ...may be can draw out the templates??

mary said...

lmao...I just imagined Sue turning her bonnet and having a skeleton face!!! Give her a pocket STAT!!!

Anonymous said...

This is Holly Hobby, not a Sunbonnet Sue. It's from the 1970s I think.

Kathleen said...

Yes, cover it up! ewwww! (had to wait to stop shaking from laughter at Mary's comment to type this)

Kathleen said...

much better